CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Program
Display Your Carbon Advantage
The CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Program tells your customers and stakeholders that you are committed to managing your environmental impact.
Taking a leadership position on climate change can help create value for your business, give you a competitive edge and prepare you for a future regulated carbon environment. Going the extra step and declaring carbon neutrality is perceived by stakeholders, investors, customers and employees as an essential component of good corporate social responsibility. Substantiating and communicating carbon neutral claims and avoiding "greenwashing" accusations can, however, be challenging for businesses.
The CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Program uses an independent and transparent process, based on international standards, that recognizes carbon neutral claims. Displaying the CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Label will help you to communicate a powerful message to your customers and stakeholders of your achievement of net zero GHG emissions.
To receive the CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Label and get listed on the Program Registry, you will need to demonstrate that you have measured your carbon footprint, had it verified by an independent third-party, and acquired and retired eligible validated and verified emission reductions or removals to offset all your reported GHG emissions.
There are currently three Program Labels available:
- CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Organization
- CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Building
- Tenant of a CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Building
CSA Group has been at the forefront of delivering standards-based solutions for over 90 years and has built on our experience of environmental and sustainability standards to develop this unique program. CSA Group has also been instrumental in the development of ISO 14064 series of international GHG quantification, reporting, verification and accreditation standards that are used worldwide to support GHG programs. The CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Program is based on the application of these ISO 14064 standards and additional program requirements.
How to Get Started
- Download the Organization / Building Application Package or Download the Tenant Application Package
Notice to Mac Users: If you don't have it already, you will need to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view application packages. Other PDF viewers may only show the first page.
- Submit completed Program Application Form, including all required documents and Application Fee
- CSA Group will review your documentation to confirm eligibility, and to confirm that all Program Requirements have been met.
- Upon receipt of signed Program Agreement and full payment of the Registration and Label Fee, CSA Group will grant the use of the applicable CSA Registered Carbon Neutral™ Label.
- Promote your accomplishment to your customers and stakeholders through the Program Label and Program Registry listing.
If you have any questions, please email us or call 1-877-235-9791 extension 88396.