CSA Learning Centre Presents: Implementing the CSA Privacy Code
Privacy and the protection of Personal Information is a critical issue in commerce and industry, and the PIPED Act now establishes a framework of privacy rules that will soon apply to the entire privacy sector in Canada. That framework is built on the CSA Q830, known as the Privacy Code.
Join us for this one day workshop led by Privacy expert, and CSA committee member Murray Long, and understand:
- How to apply the 10 Principles of the CSA Privacy Code
- New privacy law, who it applies to - how and when to comply
- How the PIPED Act is being enforced
- Guidance on implementing policies and procedures
- The need for procedures responding to requests for access to information
- Issues around consent and the "opt in/ opt out" options
- How provincial laws are being rolled out
- International dimensions of personal data protection
- PLUS! Your registration includes CSA's Privacy Code Interactive CD ROM
For information on upcoming Privacy Code seminars from the CSA Learning Centre, click here (PDF File).
For additional information on the CSA Learning Centre and other courses, click here.